Requirements for anesthesia:
- Examination must be performed by a veterinarian prior to sedation.
- Pets 7 years and older are required to have a preanesthetic blood panel performed. (5 years for large breed)
- Must be fasted after 9 pm the evening before your appointment. (Excluding rabbits)
- Different anesthesia options are available for different patients. The surgeon may chose a different medication for a heart patient than that of a young, healthy kitten.
- Some anesthesia requires a catheter be placed before the procedure, which is an additional charge.
- You should receive an estimate before surgery, sign it and leave a deposit at the front desk for any surgeries that are not considered routine.
- All anesthesia options, are at the discretion of the overseeing doctor AND surgeon.