Laser therapy is a very helpful during postoperative recovery, and are even required for some of the more invasive surgeries. In minor cases, laser therapy alone may be enough to alleviate pain and stimulate the healing process. Because it works directly on injured or affected areas, laser treatments can help speed up healing, strengthen tissue and muscle, improve mobility and enhance your dog’s quality of life almost immediately.
Companion laser therapy can be used to treat a multitude of inflammation and ailments, including:
- Post-surgical and soft tissue trauma
- Hot Spots and open wounds
- Back pain
- Muscle, ligament and tendon injuries
- Anal gland infections
- Ear infections
- Arthritis / hip dysplasia
- Degenerative disc disease
Some signs that your senior companion is experiencing pain or discomfort are:
- Abnormal sitting or lying posture
- Circling multiple times before lying down
- Whining, groaning or other vocalizations
- Limping, unable to get up or lie down
- Difficulty getting into car, on furniture, or down stairs
Laser treatment has no known side effects, and is considered both safe and effective across the veterinary industry.
Come in today to have your pet examined and discuss if laser therapy would be beneficial.