We are proud to offer the option of laser therapy to our clients. This relatively new practice in the field of animal medicine uses lasers to reduce pain and inflammation in different kinds of injuries and conditions. Our Companion Laser Therapy System can be used to curb swelling and pain in inflamed tissue and nerves during surgery, promote healing after surgery and trauma and treat such problems as back pain and arthritis in dogs and cats. Whether used as a singular treatment or in conjunction with other procedures, laser therapy has been clinically proven to be an effective pain management method and can even help recover mobility in injured joints and limbs.
Companion laser therapy can be used to treat a multitude of inflammation and ailments, including:
- Post-surgical and soft tissue trauma
- Hot Spots and open wounds
- Back pain
- Muscle, ligament, and tendon injuries
- Anal gland infections
- Ear infections
- Arthritis/hip dysplasia
- Degenerative disc disease
Some signs that your senior companion is experiencing pain or discomfort are:
- Abnormal sitting or lying posture
- Circling multiple times before lying down
- Whining, groaning, or other vocalizations
- Limping, unable to get up or lie down
- Difficulty getting into the car, on furniture, or downstairs
Laser treatment has no known side effects and is considered both safe and effective across the veterinary industry.
Marina Animal Clinic’s laser therapy equipment is some of the finest in the industry. Please contact us to see if laser therapy is right for your pet.