When an external exam simply does not provide all the answers for your pet, our hospital is equipped with the most advanced imaging technology available. Digital X-Ray imaging is the standard of care for progressive veterinary hospitals, and it allows our doctors to make immediate decisions for the health of your pet.
X-Rays can be extremely beneficial in cases including:
- Fractures or breaks
- Items swallowed by your pet
- Bladder stones
- Joint issues
- Other cases where physical exam does not reveal an underlying problem
Marina Animal Clinic has a state-of-the-art veterinary ultrasound machine, a non-invasive, state-of-the-art technology that uses sound waves to painlessly examine specific internal organs. As the sound waves travel into the body they return three-dimensional images (length, width, and depth) of certain organs, allowing our veterinarians to see the results in real-time. We can visualize how the organs are moving and how blood is flowing through the dog or cat at the time of the procedure.
We utilize ultrasound technology for:
- Evaluating reproductive organs (pregnancy evaluation)
- Evaluating cardiac function
- Evaluating abdominal organs (liver, kidney, pancreas, spleen, intestines, stomach, lymph nodes, bladder)
If you have any questions regarding our advanced imaging services, please ask one of our veterinarians or staff members, and they will be happy to answer any questions you may have.